Part of A Bit of A Do Festival
Usually disabled people just want to do the right thing. But what if they don’t?
What if they were out to make as much money as possible from the guilt of non-disabled, anxious people (like you)?
Hot off the back of their smash-hit run at Edinburgh Fringe Festival, multi-award winning. disability-led theatre company FlawBored present It’s a Motherf**king Pleasure; ‘a smart, scathing satire’ on the monetisation of identity politics that spares no-one.
‘Stunningly inventive satire’The Times
⭐⭐⭐⭐The Stage, Fest, The List, Three Weeks
What will you experience?
This is a show by disability-led theatre company FlawBored. The audience will sit facing the stage and may be interacted with a little bit. The play has integrated audio description and captions.
For this event, the following access provisions will be available:
- Performance BSL Interpreter
- Front of House BSL Interpreter
- Integrated captions
- Integrated audio description
- Step-free access throughout the venue
- Accessible toilet within the venue
- This is a relaxed performance, meaning audience members can come and go and make noise as needed.
Content warnings and age guidance
This performance is for over 18s only
About the artists
FlawBored is a multi award winning disability led Theatre Company, co-founded by Samuel Brewer, Aarian Mehrabani and Chloe Palmer. They create meta theatrical work with dark irreverence which aims to address complex and uncomfortable issues surrounding identity which no one has the answers to.
Their shows all feature integrated, creative access throughout and seek to create an environment where all audiences, regardless of impairments and disabilities, are able to access the same show.
A FlawBored show is cheeky, chaotic and most importantly is not disability ‘trauma-porn’ or ‘pity-porn.’
- Written by FlawBored and Josh Roche
- Director Josh Roche
- Designer Cara Evans
- Lighting Designer Alex Musgrave
- Video Designer Dan Light
- Sound Designer Calum Perrin
- Co Lighting Designer for VAULTS & Associate Lighting Designer for Edinburgh Abi Turner
- Associate Video Designer Josie Ireland
- Stage Manager Beatrice Galloway
- Originally produced by ASYLUM Arts
- Producer Hannah Smith
Supported through Edinburgh Untapped Award 2023