Join Ifeoluwa and Intervention, as the sun sets on day 2 of Liberty Festival, to a soundtrack of eclectic electronic beats.
INTERVENTION Founder Ifeoluwa will be joined by Wheelman (Glasgow), KESSIE (Leeds), and KIKAZARU (London) for four genre-defying DJ sets. Together they are part of a new generation of U.K. talent, showcasing their diverse sounds, and pushing musical boundaries. With high spirited sounds and raucous energy from across the electronic music spectrum
PLUS: From 3pm, join Ifeoluwa, and a panel of industry professionals, as they discuss the experiences of disabled and marginalised artists in the electronic music industry; and take a look at how neurodivergent and intersectional artists are bringing unique sounds and individuality to club culture.
When booking a ticket, you will be given the option to add INTERVENTION x Liberty: Panel Discussion to your booking.
What Will You Experience?
This event will include four DJ sets of electronic music, each lasting one hour.
You’re welcome to sit or stand as you please. Latecomers can arrive at any time.
BOXPARK has a range of food outlets and bars (payment by card only).
- Drinks can be ordered from the table and brought to you.
- Food can be ordered from the table but will need to be collected from the specific food outlet.
- ACCESS: If you need support with ordering or collecting food / drinks, please talk to one of our festival team when you arrive.
- This event takes place in the Chivas Terrace at BOXPARK.
- Access to the Chivas Terrace is via stairs or lift, located by the Dingwall Road entrance to BOXPARK. Our team will be located by this entrance to provide support and guidance to reach the upper level.
- The bars and food outlets at BOXPARK only accept payment by card.
- If you need support with ordering or collecting food / drinks, please talk to one of our festival team when you arrive.
- You are free to move around, make noise and come and go as you like.
- Accessible toilets are located on both the lower and upper levels.
- Roaming BSL Interpreters will be available across the festival. To book time with an interpreter for this event, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- An easy-read information pack will be available for this event via a QR code. Please bring your smartphone to access this resource.
- Content warning: The event will include loud electronic music throughout, which may include repetitive rhythms, unfamiliar / intense sounds, or sudden noises / changes in intensity. If you’re unfamiliar with electronic music, or you’re unsure if this event is right for you, we recommend contacting us in advance to discuss it and ask us any questions you may have. Please email email@example.com
About the artists
Ifeoluwa – Yewande Adeniran, also known under the artist name Ifeoluwa, is well known for heading up INTERVENTION – the DJ and production workshop that travels the UK, offering a welcoming space for women and marginalised people to come together and celebrate all things dance. Ifeoluwa’s DJ appearances include closing Fabric Room 1, with Jensen Interceptor, Panorama Bar, HÖR x INTERVENTION, and playing alongside some of the biggest names in dance music, including Blawan, Objekt and I. JORDAN. They also run their own record label!
Ifeoluwa: My Journey to the Booth as a Black , Autistic DJ on Resident Advisor: https://ra.co/features/4082
Kessie – A tempo bending enthusiast, Kessie roams from techno to sleazy chug, IDM to electro, EBM to bass and anything in between. Kessie’s love for trippy and pulsating sounds is bound to get you moving. In February this year, Kessie played at London’s Printworks for Charlotte De Witte’s epic concept event KNTXT. This summer she will also be appearing at E1, Junction 2 and ION Festival, supporting world class DJs, including Dax J and Helena Hauf.
KIKAZARU – Kikazaru is a Deaf DJ, spinning deep acidic and rhythmic underground sounds that are sure to satisfy your sensations. With support from London Sound Academy, and SubPac technology, Kikazaru has become a regular on the London club scene. He has played at the likes of Fold, Egg, Inferno and Trough, been featured in Mixmag, and is a resident DJ on Voices Radio.
Wheelman – Completing the line-up is Glasgow based producer and DJ, Wheelman. His sets take in deep house, broken beats and woozy electro, with influences from techno and dubstep to dance hall and drum & bass. His eclectic production style has earned praise from Resident Advisor, describing his latest EP as ‘Futuristic and mysterious… A triumphant cut… that feels like it’s coming at you from all angles’.